Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Queen Mary


On the free shuttle! I actually cropped this.

I tried to make the a regular shadow pic different by incorporating the various layers into the shot

It looks like something's coming out of Jer's head haha

Oh geez, it took me like a dozen tries to get the exposure right for this shot. Though I'm more comfortable shooting in manual, I still don't remember all the right combinations of settings for each lighting situation...so each time I fiddle around with my metering, fstops and iso, I always have to check my picture and re-adjust. If I was ever a professional photographer, I can't waste time like that- esp if it was a sporting event. Once the moment is gone, it's gone! But yeah for this picture I was trying to expose the dark part correctly by showing some detail around the window opening, but I didn't want to overexpose the rest of the pic. I guess this works.

Jer was quite fascinated by the mechanics of Queen Mary. I thought it was cool to see history preserved!


I'm used to being behind the camera, not in front! Wow, I need better posture. I look pregnant.

I love, love the lines and curves in this pic. The flags make the top part of the pic not boring.

Jer says this is my best shot of the day. Eh, I like the flag/lines pic better. I'm not that confident of my low-light shooting abilities, but I should practice more. I've always favored outdoor light conditions and not so much low and indoor lighting situations. But if I ever want to improve, I gotta challenge myself more.



The propeller under the boat. It was so surreal in person!

Queen Mary
Photoist: Me and Jer
March 2009

The Queen Mary is free for So-Cal residents until the 15th I think. I don't think it's really worth the $25 admission price PER person, esp since you gotta pay $7 to park, so if you get a chance to go when it's free, definitely take advantage! There's plenty of photo opps. Wear hiking shoes or good walking shoes though, there's lots of nooks and crannies to explore.

1 comment:

Christina :) said...

I felt like the Queen Mary was boring. Maybe if I read up about how it's haunted I would have had a much more enjoyable time.