Monday, March 23, 2009

Nutcracker Ballet











I love this pic the most! I need to tone down the vignetting though.

Okay just to give you all an idea- we sat in the last row in the last 4 seats on stage left. You couldn't sit any further than we did (unless you were in the last row in the last 4 seats on stage right, then we'd be equally far :P ). So we busted out the 180mm. I wanted to take more pics but our shutter is so loud and annoying that we had to wait for ppl to clap when taking pictures so we wouldn't be too bothersome! I <3 this lens though- I think I did pretty good considering the lighting conditions and seating arrangements! (The ballet was boring though)

Nutcracker Ballet
Wadsworth Theater
December 2008

1 comment:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

I love the ballet. Oh man, *ahem* the second-to-the-last photo. The ballerina was less prominent than you-know-what.

I saw Swan Lake in London for 6 pounds. I was at the very highest balcony, overlooking the curtains of the stage. The only parts of the show I could see were if the dancers moved beyond the curtain into the curvy area of the stage. But there were "seats" behind me that were standing only. For an entire ballet!