Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mom's Cooking


Chicken porridge and Vietnamese salad with nuoc mam dressing
June 2008

Ooh, how does this collage look? I love the new plates she got! She says that we should register for them. Ever since I taught her about registering for wedding, baby, or birthday gifts at places like Target or Crate & Barrel, she's been telling me to register for everything, haha. Anyhoo, I really like how this collage came out. I guess less "polaroids" look better.


Banh Xeo (Vietnamese crepes)
July 2008

This is my mom's specialty! Yum...it was tasty. Jer and I ate 5 of those. My mom likes him so much she shelled the shrimp for him!! Hrmph, I have to shell my own shrimp. I forgot to take a picture of the inside because my hands got messy while eating. For the filling my mom uses jicama, shrimp, and pork. She doesn't do mung bean or tofu or carrots or anything else. What do you like in your banh xeo?

4 comments:

TIMMAYY said...

i have NO CLUE, as i've never had one.. =i

i think christina said she makes those though.. she was mentioning the other night what yummies she can make for me n she was describing SOME pancake thingy.. =P

wait a second.. i think those have to be it?? think she said she learned to make em n a bunch of other stuffs with YOU on your cookin' nights back in your apartment.. =P i get to try her clam chowwwder this week!?.. want some? =P

TIMMAYY said...

psst! i'm SO thinkin about gettin THIS!

http://www.popphoto.com/cameralenses/5436/tamron-70-200mm-f28-di-ld-macro-af-sp-lens-test.html

it's pretty highly regarded in the Nikon camp, specially in comparison to the Nikon 80-200mm.. it's full frame so it would do quite well with your D700! ;P

Christina :) said...

bean sprouts...

i never said we made banh xeo. i apologize in advance for any obsessive over-commenting that comes from someone other than me...

Jeannie said...

Oh, you should get Christina to tell you about the time we made okonomiyaki! Ha! Good times.

We used to have a Tamron too, a 17-55 f/2.8. I like Tamron! If you get it, I look forward to seeing pics taken with it!

I think we're going to skip this generation of Nikons...so we'll see what comes out after the D700!