Monday, July 7, 2008

Fireworks




Wilson Park fireworks show
Kings Hawaiian Front Lawn
Torrance
July 2008

We (me, Jer, and Jer's cousin Jeff) played it by ear on where to go see fireworks and we had some rules: 1. We didn't want to have to camp out all day for a spot to watch 2. We didn't want to drive far 3. There had to be a yummy restaurant close to the show, or any show. 4. We didn't want to wait too long for the show to start, i.e. get there at 7pm with nothing much to do until day time.

Well, I think it worked out perfectly! We left the house for King's Hawaiian on Sepulveda (btwn Hawthorne and Carson), got there, ordered and chowed down. We didn't even feel rushed. After we ate, we walked back to the truck to grab our camping chairs, found a place on the restaurant lawn, and saw some fireworks. As for the awesome pictures, we set up the tripod, set the camera on continuous shooting at roughly 20 sec intervals, sat back, and enjoyed the show. Jer had to fiddle around with the ISO and all that every so often, but we did manage to get some great shots w/o having to worry too much. Now, if only we had a remote...

edit: per Leo's request, below are some unsized hi-res pics. I have to collage most of my pics now b/c I'm running out of space to upload pics, haha. When I figure out how to upload pics, you can see more here at this forum.


3 comments:

Mstic said...

the images are amazing :) i am very happy with them.....yup, if ONLY you had a remote :) they do come in handy...heh....but yea...tripod is awesome :) too bad you put them all in a collage, i wanted to see each image individually to really see the beauty of your photos....please post them up on the forums for everyone else to see :) great work you guys =D

is there an easy software to use to make collages or did you have to do them by hand? :-P

Jeannie said...

I used picasa's software to make collages. It's okay...I want to find a better program! How do you make them by hand??

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Running out of space on Blogger you mean? Switch to Flickr like I did. Free account is 100MBs of uploads per month. I've only hit my limit once or twice, and that was at the very end of the month anyway. Just copy and paste the code into HTML mode on Blogger and the photos show up when you switch back to compose mode. Plus, you can upload much bigger pics that way. And watermark. That was a big deal with me to cut down on people stealing my images, or not attributing, or stealing whole posts and pretending it's theirs.